As per honourable Supreme Court of India decision Ragging in any form is banned in all educational institutions as per the details given below:
- Ragging or harassment of freshers by seniors of the Institute in any form is strictly prohibited. This should not be treated as a mere statutory warning but as a basic policy.
- Ragging is defined as :
- Forcing a student to perform some action against his / her will,
- Physical violence of any kind against the student,
- Any kind of mental harassment or intimidation.
- A complaint of ragging must be submitted in writing to the Principal or The Chairman of the Anti-Ragging Committee.
- Anybody found indulging in the act of ragging or reported for indulging in ragging will be liable to severe punishment. Such student may be expelled from Institute by the Principal and the case will be reported to the local police station for necessary action in view of the directive of Honorable Supreme Court of India.
- Ragging of any sort is strictly prohibited. As per the order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India order, ragging is a cognigible offence under law and may invite maximum punishment to go jail. The students have to sign an Affidavit in prescribed format that they were aware of penal and administrative action to be taken against them for being involved in ragging as per directive of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
- Any ragging incident taking place outside the institute and subsequently reported by an insider or outsider will also be regarded as ragging, and action will be taken as deemed fit. Further, it may be noted that ragging incident may be reported directly to the Police Station or to ragging grievance cell operating directly under the Govt. or Judiciary.
National Anti-Ragging Helplife (UGC Crists Hotline) – 24x7
Toll Free Number* 1800-180-5522 |
Helpline @ antiragging.in
- Anti-ragging Grievance Redressal:
The students having any complaint regarding ragging may submit an application to the chairman or any member of Anti-ragging Grievance Redressal.
- Anti-Ragging Squad :
As per directive of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, the Anti-Ragging squad will watch both inside and outside the institute premises including in hostels to prevent ragging in any form and they will submit their findings to the Chairman anti-ragging committee for further action. In case of any harassment by senior students, the affected students of fresher batch may report to the squad at first instance.